“Uhura, I’d like to make a collect call… to the future, or, perhaps, the past – whichever applies. The time paradox ‘thing’ always confuses me…”
“Captain, ready to transmit on your command.” Uhura responds.
The Captain continues, “I need to contact Hillary Clinton regarding, regarding
her job description in 2012.”
“Your call’s going through now Captain. Oh, and let me go, you pig…”
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is on a mission to boldly go where no Secretary of State has gone before.
The question is, I wonder: Is it truly HER mission?
Please bear with me as we take a break from the post’s normal banter for a ‘defining moment’.
Let’s look at the mission of the United State’s Secretary of State, according to the US Department of State website:
Under the Constitution, the President of the United States determines U.S. foreign policy. The Secretary of State, appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate, is the President’s chief foreign affairs adviser. The Secretary carries out the President’s foreign policies through the State Department and the Foreign Service of the United States.
Created in 1789 by the Congress as the successor to the Department of Foreign Affairs, the Department of State is the senior executive Department of the U.S. Government. The Secretary of State’s duties relating to foreign affairs have not changed significantly since then, but they have become far more complex as international commitments multiplied.
These duties — the activities and responsibilities of the State Department — include the following:
- Serves as the President’s principal adviser on U.S. foreign policy;
- Conducts negotiations relating to U.S. foreign affairs;
- Grants and issues passports to American citizens and exequaturs to foreign consuls in the United States;
- Advises the President on the appointment of U.S. ambassadors, ministers, consuls, and other diplomatic representatives;
- Advises the President regarding the acceptance, recall, and dismissal of the representatives of foreign governments;
- Personally participates in or directs U.S. representatives to international conferences, organizations, and agencies;
- Negotiates, interprets, and terminates treaties and agreements;
- Ensures the protection of the U.S. Government to American citizens, property, and interests in foreign countries;
- Supervises the administration of U.S. immigration laws abroad;
- Provides information to American citizens regarding the political, economic, social, cultural, and humanitarian conditions in foreign countries;
- Informs the Congress and American citizens on the conduct of U.S. foreign relations;
- Promotes beneficial economic intercourse (ewwwwww!) between the United States and other countries;
- Administers the Department of State;
- Supervises the Foreign Service of the United States.
Okay, enough of traditional Constitutionally-mandated job description stuff for the Secretary of State. And on to the ever-accelerating transformational government of the current United States of America…
I came across an article on CNSNews.com regarding…
You guessed it, Hillary Clinton.
In this article, someone actually took the time to listen to Madame Secretary and transcribe her words into a well-written post. The article was written by a woman named, Susan Jones.
It takes real talent to take disjointed thoughts and link them together so that they form cohesive sentences – especially when they originate from the lips of Hillary Clinton.
From Susan Jones’ article on the CNS site:
(CNSNews.com) – During her tenure as secretary of state, Hillary Clinton says she’s instructed U.S. diplomats and development experts to “partner with women to find ways to engage and build on their unique strengths, help women start businesses, help girls attend school” and “push” women to get involved in peace talks and elections.
“I’ve made women a cornerstone of American foreign policy,” Clinton told a ‘Women in the World Summit’ in New York City on Saturday.
Clinton says the U.S. government, for example, is giving grants to female activists and journalists in Kenya to train them on “early-warning systems for violence.” The U.S. also is supporting a new trauma center for rape victims in Sudan.
And there’s more: “We’re helping women in the Central African Republic access legal and economic services. We’re improving the collection of medical evidence for the prosecution of gender-based violence in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
“Now, we know that young woman in Tunisia and her peers across the region already are facing extremists who will try to strip their rights, curb their participation, limit their ability to make choices for themselves. Why extremists always focus on women remains a mystery to me. But they all seem to.
It doesn’t matter what country they’re in or what religion they claim. They want to control women. They want to control how we dress, they want to control how we act, they even want to control the decisions we make about our own health and bodies.”
Clinton’s apparent reference to the “reproductive rights” controversy involving a Georgetown University law student was met with applause.
“Yes, it is hard to believe that even here at home, we have to stand up for women’s rights and reject efforts to marginalize any one of us, because America needs to set an example for the entire world,” Clinton said. “And it seems clear to me that to do that, we have to live our own values and we have to defend our own values. We need to respect each other, empower all our citizens, and find common ground.”
Clinton challenged women at the conference to “be part of the solution.”
Okay, so here’s the thing: Instead of being the President’s mouthpiece for Women’s Global ’Social Issues’ in her role as Secretary of State, how about Madame Clinton does the freaking job she was HIRED to do?
Oh, I know it’s hard to imagine that she would ‘kind of / sort of’ following the job description put in place for her by her predecessors and the US Constitution, but seriously, wouldn’t it be a delightful change? Just imagine how much fun it would be to say ANY of the following phrases out loud and in public and have them be TRUE?
- “Secretary of State Hillary Clinton met with President Obama today and ‘advised’ him regarding what the United States should do regarding Iran, Afghanistan, Egypt, and Israel. Recommendations from the Secretary of State were coherent, cogent, and very specific in nature. The President committed to act upon the actions proposed in a timely fashion and agreed to NOT blame the US for Global Issues, many of which we had nothing to do with…”
- “Secretary of State Clinton met with the President today and offered a visionary plan to secure the US Border, address the issue of existing illegal aliens, and developed a plan to secure the safety of Americans traveling abroad. Hillary Clinton also committed to discontinuing taxpayer-funding to any nation which threatens the safety and / or sovereignty of the United States and its citizens.”
- “Hillary Clinton announced today that effective immediately, the United States will NO LONGER attempt to force its beliefs upon other nations of the World. Instead, the Secretary has re-affirmed that the US will continue to be a Role Model and as such, Hillary Clinton has invited other nations to come and learn from the World’s Oldest Successful Democracy. Any nation wishing to extend a hand of friendship to the United States will be a welcome ally going forward. Any nation wishing to harm the US must understand that it does so at its own peril.”
None of these things above will happen during the Obama Presidency.
Our leaders do not celebrate the virtues which made our nation great. Instead we apologize for our Nation’s greatness and speak internationally of our shortcomings foremost over our achievements.
We do not stand arm-in-arm with other friendly nations in the World. We allow Israel to face Egypt, Iran and the rest of the Middle East alone. The President tells Israel that “He’s got their back.” This is easy to do when you’re always ”Leading from behind”. You see a lot of backs because someone else must lead.
This Administration treats the World as if it’s a Social Laboratory – funding State Department pet projects with taxpayer dollars ‘just to see what would happen if…’
This latest ‘thrust at women’ (did that sound dirty to YOU too?) sounds great on paper – but in reality, it’s not our stinking job to impose our standards on other countries. We are NOT the conscience of the world – we can lead by example, but we cannot ‘PUSH our example’.
Will Madame Clinton relent? Will she get tired of failing in her attempts to fix her Extra-Constitutional Women’s Worldwide Woes at the expense of US Taxpayers?
No. She will not. Not just because she is an ideologue first, and a Secretary of State second.
It’s because she will not tire. She “ain’t no ways tarred”…
She never gets ‘tarred’ when she’s playing to an audience. It’s what she does. Fake regional accents and all.
AND as Secretary of State – the World is her stage.
We, by comparison, are the props to be directed by her and this Administration.
Everyone take your place. Be quiet while the lights are dimmed. Repeat the words you have been given and for the love of God, nobody ask any questions…
Shhhhhhh, the show is starting.
Get with the “Program”…
|Yes, she has her own comic book.Hey, is she wearing ‘stretchy pants’?
She appears to be stretching all over…