Recently I watched with a sense of bemusement as President Obama stood before the world as a proud (arrogant) peacock thumping his chest and acting as if he had single handed, performed the tracking down and killing of the world’s most prolific terrorist. His address to the nation was indeed a Obama classic speech peppered with “I”, “me”, “my” and other “look at me” prose. The hypocrisy was astounding, considering this man was absolutely opposed to every strategy, tactic and practice that made the location and elimination of Osama bin Laden possible. I received the following recently in one of those “forward” emails I normally delete before reading but some how this one caught my attention and it fit so well with my thoughts on the subject.
“Subject: So, let me get this straight…..”
1. If a Navy Seal slaps a High Value Target, he should be prosecuted.
2. If a Navy Seal kills a High Value Target, he should be decorated.
3. Seal Team Six under Cheney were a ring of assassins.
4. Seal Team Six under Obama are a band of brothers.
5. Osama bin Laden was not a Muslim, because he murdered Muslims.
6. Osama bin Laden was a Muslim deserving a proper Muslim burial.
7. It is heroic to kill a terrorist.
8. It is immoral to water board a terrorist.
9. Placing a Koran in a toilet is a Hate Crime.
10. Placing a crucifix in a jar of urine is conceptual art.
11. Freedom of Speech is our most cherished value, never to be restrained.
12. Hate Speech is our greatest crime, always to be punished.
I have now passed Modern Ethics 911, as taught by Professor Obama