Piano Player In A Whore house.

Truman

Gabriel is enjoying some well earned R&R. In his absence, I thought I’d resurrect a Blog that proves I really do admire an honest Politician. There are some who think I am too partisan.

The following arrived in my inbox awhile back. I wish I could take credit for the opinion, but I can not. I can agree though and do as the sender requested and pass it along to as many others as possible. See, we (Conservatives) do not view all Liberals/Democrats/Regressives as inept and incompetent. I’d even bet the millions involved in the TEAparty would endorse this great American.

Harry Truman was a different kind of President. He probably made as many, or more important decisions regarding our nation’s history as any of the other 33 Presidents preceding him. However, a measure of his greatness may rest on what he did after he left the White House.

The only asset he had when he died was the house he lived in, which was in Independence Missouri. His wife had inherited the house from her mother and father and, other than their years in the White House, they lived their entire lives there.

When he retired from office in 1952, his income was a U.S. Army pension reported to have been $13,507.72 a year. Congress, noting that he was paying for his stamps and personally licking them, granted him an ‘allowance’ and, later, a retroactive pension of $25,000 per year.

After President Eisenhower was inaugurated, Harry and Bess drove home to Missouri by themselves. There was no Secret Service following them.

When offered corporate positions at large salaries, he declined, stating, “You don’t want me. You want the office of the President, and that doesn’t belong to me. It belongs to the American people and it’s not for sale.”

Even later, on May 6, 1971, when Congress was preparing to award him the Medal of Honor on his 87th birthday, he refused to accept it, writing, “I don’t consider that I have done anything which should be the reason for any award, Congressional or otherwise.” (Like the Nobel Peace Prize!)

As president he paid for all of his own travel expenses and food.

Modern politicians have found a new level of success in cashing in on the Presidency, resulting in untold wealth. Today, many in Congress also have found a way to become quite wealthy while enjoying the fruits of their offices. Political offices are now for sale. (sic. Illinois )

Good old Harry Truman was correct when he observed, “My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there’s hardly any difference!

I say dig him up and clone him!!

You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

8 Responses to “Piano Player In A Whore house.”

1. MadPole says:

Excellent post Marine!!!!!!!

• Gabriel says:

Mad…My entire family, from as far back as I can remember, were Democrats. I changed after I voted for LBJ and never looked back. I did not leave the Demcrat Party. It left me.

2. Garthvader says:

I was curious as to the origins of this folksy saying and I thought I would share what I found;

From Answers.com http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_does_piano_player_in_a_whorehouse_mean

A piano player in a whorehouse is one that claims innocence in an unethical situation.

To what extent does the piano player contribute to the illegal goings on around him?

It is a statement that implies that the metaphorical piano player has a mitigated culpability.

It could also mean that the piano player is superluous; i.e. People don’t go to the whorehouse to hear the music.

3. USMC-1969 says:

Thanks Madpole. Back during a more civil period in our history.

GV -- Nero fiddling also comes to mind, but I’d listen to Charlie Daniels where ever he was playing. I do think barry is complicit in knowing exactly the destruction he is overseeing.

• Gabriel says:

USMC…Barry knows EXACTLY what he is doing. He is the first US President that actually hates his own country. He MUST be stopped and I intend to do everything humanly possible to insure he is one-and-gone.

4. Garthvader says:

Marine, he said we lived in the greatest nation on earth and he sought to fundamentally CHANGE it. He has to wipe it away before he installs his vision for the Socialist States of America. He knows exactly what he is doing. It is campaign season and he will be camouflaging his true self once again to get re elected. If he gets a second term and the Senate remains democratic we are a done deal.

5. USMC-1969 says:

Garth -- Also as I view things. They will turn over every rock and dredge every cesspool in 2012.

6. Gabriel says:

Garth…Your second comment nails it. I had big time trouble trying to convince my reasonably conservative kids that an Obama Two will spell the death of America as we know it.